March, 6th 2006 - Last posting day...
Well, March 7th 2006 signals the end of an era with the complete shut down of the IMBB. I know it may sound silly and even childish giving such importance to that event, but as much strange that may sound, the fact is that I found amazing friendship and comradeship and the finest sense of humour in that Bulletin Board, not to mention tons of excellent music.
It helped me during work hours, it helped me when I was feeling bored and it did help me when I was feeling down.
It’s a strange thing talking about friendship that in reality is a ‘virtual’ friendship…it’s something that, I know, many can’t conceive or understand, but it did happen, and it was good and fun. I’m glad I had the chance to meet Nael, who came from the United Arabian Emirates last June, expressly to meet us and watch his first Maiden show. And hmc_777, who came directly from Brazil to see the Portuguese show and go with us into Spain for the Lorca Festival.
I’m glad I got to know the best possible way Martin, John, Staffan, Antti, James, Anna, Suzanne, Ron, David, Stefan, Caroline, Linda, Thomas, Minos, Lewis, Heitor, Vicente, Chiel, Johan, Dave, Thiago, Richard, Hector and Simon. I was allowed to speak and have fun with Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Germans, British, Irish, Scottish, Spanish, Greek, Lybians, Americans, Australians, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese people. I learned a lot about so many countries and customs. And as a bonus I even improved my English which was a mess a few years ago! LOL I celebrated the marriage of Martin and the birth of his little son, with a new one coming already! I met David’s son and Suzanne’s two sons as well. We talked about everything friends talked about, music, movies, friendship, family, etc etc…..so, as stranger that may sound, I would call it a good friendship. For that I thank you all. And I’m glad that I have all your emails and some of your MSN contacts (Martin: don’t sweat it, I’ll work it out someway!).
Finally I’m glad I got to meet all the guys from the Portuguese thread: Pedro, Nuno, Fernando, Nelson, Gustavo, Tânia, Emanuel, Ricardo, Daniel, João, Sandra, Mário, Logan, and I’m pretty sure that there will be more meetings for us ahead, although they will not be called “IMBB’ers Official Meetings” anymore.
It was truly an honour, privilege and pleasure to have been a part of this online adventure that was the IMBB. I have never seen a BB like this one and I guess I won’t see it again in the future. Like James said: “This whole thing may seem soppy, lame or geeky to you reading it, but I don’t care”, because it was really worth it!
It helped me during work hours, it helped me when I was feeling bored and it did help me when I was feeling down.
It’s a strange thing talking about friendship that in reality is a ‘virtual’ friendship…it’s something that, I know, many can’t conceive or understand, but it did happen, and it was good and fun. I’m glad I had the chance to meet Nael, who came from the United Arabian Emirates last June, expressly to meet us and watch his first Maiden show. And hmc_777, who came directly from Brazil to see the Portuguese show and go with us into Spain for the Lorca Festival.
I’m glad I got to know the best possible way Martin, John, Staffan, Antti, James, Anna, Suzanne, Ron, David, Stefan, Caroline, Linda, Thomas, Minos, Lewis, Heitor, Vicente, Chiel, Johan, Dave, Thiago, Richard, Hector and Simon. I was allowed to speak and have fun with Finnish, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Germans, British, Irish, Scottish, Spanish, Greek, Lybians, Americans, Australians, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese people. I learned a lot about so many countries and customs. And as a bonus I even improved my English which was a mess a few years ago! LOL I celebrated the marriage of Martin and the birth of his little son, with a new one coming already! I met David’s son and Suzanne’s two sons as well. We talked about everything friends talked about, music, movies, friendship, family, etc etc…..so, as stranger that may sound, I would call it a good friendship. For that I thank you all. And I’m glad that I have all your emails and some of your MSN contacts (Martin: don’t sweat it, I’ll work it out someway!).
Finally I’m glad I got to meet all the guys from the Portuguese thread: Pedro, Nuno, Fernando, Nelson, Gustavo, Tânia, Emanuel, Ricardo, Daniel, João, Sandra, Mário, Logan, and I’m pretty sure that there will be more meetings for us ahead, although they will not be called “IMBB’ers Official Meetings” anymore.
It was truly an honour, privilege and pleasure to have been a part of this online adventure that was the IMBB. I have never seen a BB like this one and I guess I won’t see it again in the future. Like James said: “This whole thing may seem soppy, lame or geeky to you reading it, but I don’t care”, because it was really worth it!
It was really amazing and i know that it'll be hard for someone who's in the outside to even begin to understand what this experience truly meant for everyone in.
Thanks to everyone, for everything.
Thanks to everyone, for everything.

11 comentários:
Gonçalo, amigo :hug: Very well said, my friend, very well. It's great that there are people who feel in the same way as I do. Again, muito obrigado for everything!!!
Up The Fuckin' Irons! Up The Iron Maiden Fans! \m/
Hi Gonçalo!
I'm also very happy to meet you on the IMBB. I can also say that it's a real friendship and not a virtual friendship.
Sometimes, we are even closer to people on the WEB than people in the real life. And I can say that you're one of this exception. We know each other since 2002 so, it would be hypocrite to say that it has not signification.
And I promess you that one day, I'll visit you in Portugal and kick your n00b ass!
See you around my friend
Ton ami,
Martin
\m/ See you out there, Gonçalo! \m/
The world haven't ended, it's only just begun.
We were eternal, back in those days.
~Staffan
Hi Goncalo,
I just want to say I feel the same like you, a little let down... Damn... some of the world's biggest Iron Maiden fans are/were on that BB, and now they shut it down... I don't even know the reason. :-(
Anyhow, as some famous and misunderstood band always says: FUCK THE WORLD! HAIL AND KILL!
;-)
We will meet somewhere else, my friends.
Giru
(Chiel)
Hey Arrakis
Thank you, once again, for your beatiful words and believe me my friend, your English is top-knotch ;-)
Love, from your Danish friend
Thomas
Hi Goncalo. Yes indeed its been a real pleasure to have met you. You were my very first friend on the imbb and ill miss all our chats in the rock bar lol. You were numero uno and im glad we got to talk on the phone when Nael was with you in Portugal. I wish you much happiness and hope that we can stay in touch. Love and best wishes from your friend Caroline aka madaxewummin. xx myspace.com/madaxewummin send me a message n stay in touch xx
Hi Gonzalo, Plissken here ;)
I think I'll visit your Blog and f*ck it a bit ;)
Hey , if youfinally decide to see Maiden ni Barcelona we coul dmeet (safe sex only).
Cheers.
Up the Irons, down the $anctuary$
:fist:
Hail Mr.president.
See you at Maiden Fans United for more government reunions!
The Minister of Defense,
MaidenPortugal
Fernando
deja vu here :)
Goncalo, those were beautiful words. Thank you for mentioning me among your friends. I have the exact same feelings. The IMBB helped me also in some difficult times of mine.
It is an end of an era, but not our era. We shall have new homes to talk and maybe one day we shall meet.
The journey continues...
Hail to that brother.
We're NOT gonna take it anymore!
We'll never surrender!
;)
:D:D
-->http://s10.invisionfree.com/Maiden_fans_united/
Enviar um comentário